ABOUT US

Founded in 2003, The Callsheet is Africa’s leading film industry magazine. It is an award-winning monthly trade publication which covers the commercials, features, stills, television, and digital markets. The Callsheet is a resource for the local industry and international industry players.

Film & Event Media, which publishes The Callsheet, won the Imbongi Award in 2010 for marketing South Africa’s Cape Town and Western Cape film industry. In recent years, The Callsheet has expanded to cover the entire continent of Africa.

The Callsheet is printed by Forms Express. Their suppliers have The Forest Stewardship Council Chain of Custody certification. The magazine is printed on Hi-Q 80gsm gloss, wood free white paper, which is sourced from sustainably managed forests, and uses vegetable-oil-based, environmentally-friendly inks conforming to the highest European standards. 100% of what you spend with The Callsheet can be counted as BEE spend.

 

LATEST NEWS

IN PRODUCTION: April 2015

Thanks to ever-present confidentiality clauses, no one is ever allowed to officially talk about what’s in production in Africa, but here are some of the projects to look forward to.   Apocalypse Slough The story takes place in the last few days of mankind’s existence, as a comet makes its way towards an inevitable meeting … [Read more]


ITV Choice launches in Africa on DStv

  ITV Choice will launch across Africa for the first time following a deal between ITV Studios Global Entertainment and African pay-TV operator MultiChoice. The commercial channel will launch exclusively on DStv across the continent on Tuesday, May 5, 2015. All programming will air very close to UK transmission dates, with the soaps airing within … [Read more]


R8 million to censor SA’s Internet

The Film and Publications Board plans to spend over R8-million a year to police YouTube, but is about to have its child pornography wings clipped. Soon, the Film and Publications Board (FPB) hopes it will “have the power to order an administrator of any online platform to take down any content that the Board may … [Read more]


South Africa targets 84% of population in digital switchover

South Africa will now aim to cover 84% of the country’s total population with its digital terrestrial TV signal, according to amendments made to the country’s digital migration policy. In the changes, made this week, the South African government said that the remaining 16% of the population, in areas deemed “difficult or uneconomical to reach”, … [Read more]


Callsheet Issue 03 2015 eBook-cover_SML
The Callsheet Issue 3

The 3rd issue of The Callsheet, brought to you by Film & Event Media, explores TV productions companies in SA, African fixers and what to look forward to at MIPTV 2015.