LOERIES EXHIBITION GOES TO CITYVARSITY CAPE TOWN
02 Apr 2013
Loeries Exhibition goes to CityVarsity Cape Town
Staying in Cape Town for the second leg of its tour, the Loeries Exhibition will visit CityVarsity at the Kloof Street campus from 2 – 5 April. It will showcase the recent award-winning work in a gallery format, providing the perfect platform for students and industry professionals to view the best brand communication from our region.
FIND YOUR VOICE AS A WRITER AND EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS
11 Mar 2013
The Write Voice creative writing workshop offers writers a unique opportunity to find their purpose in writing and to explore the endless possibilities they have to tell their story and express themselves.
3 PEGS MOVIE TAKES ON MIDDLE EAST
05 Mar 2013
What would happen if an American soldier, an Israeli solder and an Arab soldier were accidentally locked in a room together with no way out. That is the premise of 3 Pegs, a new dramatic comedy starring Tom Sizemore co-produced by ZenHQ Films and Muddville.
| NFVF Vacancy: Manager in the CEO's Office
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
To support the Chief Executive Officer in managing the affairs of the Council and in the implementation of the operational and strategic aspects of her role including obtaining synergies and ensuring efficiency from the different department.
- Collate the monthly CEO report, Annual Performance Report and Quarterly Reports
- Key advisor to the CEO by providing knowledgeable review and recommendations based on an assessment of the NFVF operational plan
- Plan, design the program and proactively monitor its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Interact with other HOD's on behalf of CEO to facilitate problem solving and to ensure interaction and integration
- Keep abreast of operational conditions and external conditions, provide early warming to the CEO of issues and proposed solutions
- Interface regularly with HOD’s to understand operating environment and to assist in prioritising focus areas and budget allocation
- Oversee planning and execution of large events for CEO
- On request from the CEO, attend selected meetings on her behalf
- Ensure that tactical decisions taken by the CEO are communicated to the correct departments in a timely manner and with clear deliverables and deadlines
- Act as initial point of entry for escalated queries
- On a monthly basis, complete a summary of the projects and initiatives underway and provide and update to the CEO on progress, risks and issues
- Coordinate the preparation of formal performance reviews conducted by the CEO by supporting direct reports
- Review financial reports prepared by managers in the business and advise the CEO of substantial issues
- Managing the affairs of Council and its Committees
- Provide Corporate governance advise in line with legislation codes and all regulations
- Communication of resolutions
- Follow up on action points arising from council and executive management meetings
- Filing and registration of special resolutions
- Updating of registers
- Ensure that the NFVF complies with all requests from the shareholders and stakeholders
- Obtain reports from all business units in time for Executive Management and Council meetings
- Oversee the management of the CEO's office to ensure smooth operations and that resources are available and operating effectively
- Oversee the planning and execution of business events for the CEO
- Prepare the key themes presentations and reviews for the CEO by researching and packaging detailed content
- Ensure that presentations are designed to reflect the NFVF Brand
- Screen requests for meetings or events to be attended by CEO and recommend the CEO which ones would be appropriate for personal attendance and which ones should be delegated to other managers in the NFVF unit
- Related Postgraduate qualification with 4 years’ experience at middle management level with a minimum of 2 years in project or operations management
- Knowledge of South Africa's socio-political landscape and public sector experience is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of the film and video industry and all legislation related to the sector; strong business acumen; strategic thinking and alignment; persuasion, negotiation and communication skills are imperative; high level of emotional intelligence and control; excellent people management skills; ability to network and engage with all stakeholders; obtain buy-in on crucial matters affecting the Council; highest integrity and adherence to corporate governance; ensure transformation and empowerment of the film industry.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their abridged curriculum vitae via email to email@example.com or fax on 0865197585 by no later than 04 June 2012.
Issued by the NFVF