SPORTS & EVENTS TOURISM EXCHANGE
he first of its kind to be held in South Africa, the Sports and Events Tourism Exchange will take place in Cape Town from the 27th – 29th July 2011.
This “confex” will focus on the world-class standard of facilities and services that South Africa has to offer as a host, for all top-level international events and the exchange between sports tourism and the events industry. It will also provide a prestigious platform for the marketing of the many products and services related to this niche market, both on a local and international front.
South African Tourism has identified the Sports and Events Tourism Exchange as its annual sports and events tourism platform. They have endorsed the event and will be actively involved in marketing the project internationally.
A comprehensive and informative Sports and Events Tourism Academic Conference will take place alongside the exhibition. The conference will facilitate high-level networking and incisive debate, covering topics such as;
- new ways to design and implement leading sponsorship campaigns,
- bidding for and hosting major international sports events,
- promotion of homegrown sports events,
- promotion of the provinces and the facilities and services they have to offer.
With the past tourism focus having been on the Leisure and Business sectors, the introduction of the Sports and Events Tourism Exchange (SETE) Exhibition and Conference is an integral part of promoting the new “sports” trend within the industry. We see SETE 2011 becoming the inaugural, and thereafter, the annual Sports and Events Tourism gathering to attend in Africa.
Sports and Events Tourism Exchange will provide a platform to:
- Pursue bidding and hosting of major international events
- Promote South Africa as a training destination for northern hemisphere athletes in their winter months
- Promote South Africa as a destination for social participants in sport, exploiting our golf courses, beaches, stadiums and hiking trails.
- Increase Tourist volumes, spend and length of stay
- Promote transformation
- Promote local federations and associations
- Showcase South Africa’s experience and expertise in hosting and managing large international events.
- Promote home-grown events
- Promote the provinces and what facilities and services they have to offer