WGSA Presents: How to Create a Series Bible
South African writer and producer, Dylan Ben-Israel, will be doing a workshop on how to create a series bible, from logline to future season outlines.
Dylan has written for the likes of Franz Cronje, Ronnie Apteker, Lance Samuels, Mbongeni Ngema among others, and has just finished writing The Dead Sea – a horror / thriller for producer Sam Feuer (First Grader, The Translator) from Big Boy Films.
His other work includes, The Donor, which recently made the semi-finals in Screencraft’s action / thriller genre contest. The script, having already been financed, is currently looking for talent and directors.
The workshop will be looking at a number of different facets of creating a series bible, including;
- Creating a logline – Who is the main character or main characters? What is their conflict and what will keep the story moving forward over 4 or 5 seasons?
- The pitch / series overview – An overview of your series in 1 or 2 paragraphs.
- Characters – Getting to know your main and supporting characters
- Pilot synopsis – Setting up your characters and story for episodes and seasons to come.
- Episode outlines – Creating strong episode concepts for your first season.
- Future season outlines – Four to five season concepts. A critical part in pitching a show. Longevity is crucial in any show hoping to be picked up by a network.
As well as anything else that can force your pitch deck to stand out from the rest.
When & Where
Date: 20 July 2019
Time: 09:00 to 16:30
Venue: TBC, Johannesburg
Tickets & Bookings
Bookings close on 17 July at 12:oo.
WGSA Student Members: R50
Members / Students with valid student cards / Affiliated organisations: R200
To reserve your spot, BOOK HERE.