Finance Manager, Studio Zoo
Busy TV production company is looking for a financial manager/senior accountant to join our dynamic, award-winning team, starting immediately.
- Grade 12
- Diploma /Degree in accounting
- Eight-10 years’ experience in full Financial function (Debtors, Creditors, Cash book, invoicing, VAT, PAYE, Reconciliations, Payroll, Management accounts, preparation for Audit, Liaising with SARS);
- One year of experience in HR administration
- Three to five year’s managerial experience;
- Experience in CHASE is preferable;
- Computer literacy (Excel, Google Docs);
- Proficient in accounting software and Payroll software (Pastel).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to function and work under pressure/resilience
- Strong problem-solving ability/solution orientated
- An energetic and highly motivated self-starter
- Planning, organising and coordination abilities
- Well presented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
Invoicing and debtors
- Reviewing bi-weekly spreadsheet of CEs with outstanding POs;
- Reviewing Monday file bi-weekly with spreadsheet as per point 1 above and sending a follow up with Clients;
- Reviewing monthly debtors’ statements and sending it to clients;
- Ensuring that Accounts Assistant is checking debtor’s statement against control account on Pastel.
Offsets of pre-bills
- Reviewing the spreadsheet of all pre-bills and offsets against it;
- Reviewing that the following is done by the Accounts Assistant:
- Invoice the CE that needs to be offset (on the job where the CE was raised);
- On the job where the initial pre-bill was done, raising a credit note that corresponds and refers to the invoice raised in (a) above;
- Marking the invoice off on the Delivery Grid with the invoice number and specify that it is an offset;
- Reviewing updated spreadsheet of offsets each time an offset is processed;
- Ensuring that the Accounts Assistant is reconciling on a monthly basis the pre-bill and offsetting schedules to the General Ledger on Pastel.
- Reviewing the bi-monthly creditor reconciliations;
- Ensuring that Accounts Assistant is checking creditor’s statement against control account on Pastel.
- Reviewing monthly bank reconciliations
- Reviewing petty cash reconciliations monthly and sending through to Executive;
- Reviewing debit card analysis monthly and sending through to Executive.
- Reviewing the reconciliation of monthly freelance payroll on Pastel;
- Completing payroll for salaried employees and calculating PAYE,UIF and SDL and submitting monthly PAYE returns;
- Submitting of annual IRP5 to SARS and completing EMP501 reconciliations;
- Reviewing monthly statement of account from SARS to ensure no interest and penalties are incurred;
- Submitting Quarterly employment statistics to Stats SA.
- Ensuring that Labour posters are updated and displayed on walls;
- Drafting of employment contracts;
- Processing leave;
- Maintaining employee files;
- Ensuring that relevant documentation is available for disciplinary matters as well as HR procedures;
- Sending out reminders for Performance appraisals bi-annually and follow up;
- Ensuring that Skills development and Employment Equity reporting is submitted and refunded;
- Ensuring that BBBEE is being actioned.
- Liaising with Chase support to problem solve any issues;
- Optimising efficiencies of the production department including workflows and finances.
- Ensuring that all service providers are the most cost-effective – review on a yearly basis (in consultation with facilities manager)
- Conducting reconciliations on Intercompany accounts on a monthly basis;
- Processing journal entries;
- Preparing for Annual audit;
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
Performing general line management responsibilities regarding direct reports, performance management, disciplinary handling, leave approval.