KZNFC: FITI Production Companies Opportunity
|APPOINTMENT OF SERVICE PROVIDERS TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING SERVICES TO KWAZULU – NATAL FILM COMMISSION.
THE PANEL OF FILM AND TV PRODUCTION COMPANIES FOR THE FILM INDUSTRY TRANSFORMATION INITIATIVE PROGRAMME
Technical Enquiries: Mr Peter Ramatswana
SCM Enquiries: Ms Nonjabulo Mnguni
Abbreviation, Acronyms and Definitions
TOR Terms of Reference
KZNFC KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission
KZN Province of KwaZulu-Natal
SP Service Provider
SCM Supply Chain Management
CEO Chief Executive Officer
CFO Chief Financial Officer
PFMA Public Finance Management Act, 1999 (Act No 29 of 1999) as amended
B-BBEE Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment
SLA Service Level Agreement
PPPFA Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No 5 of 2000) as amended
FITI Film Industry Transformation Initiative
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) as established under the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Act, 2010. The KZNFC has been established to promote the film industry in the province, and has as part of its objectives:
To promote and market the province as a global destination for film production;
To develop, promote and market, locally and internationally, the film industry in the province;
- To facilitate investment in the film industry in the province;
- To provide and encourage the provision of opportunities for persons, especially from disadvantaged communities, to enter and participate in the film industry in the province;
- To address historical imbalances in the infrastructure and in the distribution of skills and resources in the film industry in the province; and
- To contribute to an enabling environment for job creation in the film industry in the province.
- THE OBJECTIVE OF THE FITI PROJECT IS:
- To accelerate industry participation for graduates.
- Provide a holistic and integrated perspective of the creation and business of Television and Film.
- Build a portfolio of work while providing practical industry experience.
- Developing future leaders.
- The facilitators will undertake the following tasks for 26 graduates:
- Present a Master Class on their contracted field
- Conduct Case Study lecture based on existing products
- Mentor and advise graduates
- Attend advisory and assessment representation
The program is being offered in KwaZulu-Natal with focus in the five nodal points of the province (Richards bay, Newcastle, Pietermaritzburg, Port Shepstone and Durban).
- ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRODUCTION COMPANIES:
The production companies will undertake the role of production services and facilities procurement, to support the delivery of graduates’ content productions.
Deliverables: End to end production services
- a) Casting and contracting of cast
- b) Equipment procurement
- c) Key support department heads and crew procurement
- d) Location procurements
- e) On shoot skills mentoring supervision
- f) Post-production services
- Applicants must be based in Durban and surrounding areas.
- Applicants must be able to deliver the services during the period January 2019 – April 2019 for the delivery of 6 graduate projects.
- Production budgets are capped at R130 000 per graduate project.
- Each project is to be delivered in 4 x 10min episodes and 1x 40min short film.
- A maximum of 3 companies are required within this terms of reference.
The production company should demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in delivering reputable TV and Film productions.
- Experience of handling commercial Film and Television projects
- Experience in handling jobs of a similar nature as is required in this quotation.
- Experience across various audio-visual mediums, platforms and sectors will be an advantage.
- Companies must be currently operating within the industry.
- RIGHTS IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND MATERIALS
It is agreed that all the rights relating to the Trade Marks and Copy Rights in respect of the written/audio-visual content produced during contract term, solely vests KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission.
The programme is being offered in KwaZulu-Natal with focus in the five nodal points of the province (Richards bay, Newcastle, Pietermaritzburg, Port Shepstone and Durban).
The selected Company will be given a time period of 3 months (as applicable) from the date of final approval of the respective service/s to be delivered to KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission in the format specified in the Scope of Work.
- A motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) as to why you should be considered to the Panel of Companies.
- CVs, detailed profile, and/or filmography of the management team.
- Company registration documents
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
- BBE certificate or affidavit
Your documents must be accompanied by the Central Supplier Database Registration Number and CSD code. The link to the Central Supplier Database is secure.csd.gov.za or you can go to www.treasury.gov.za and click on the CSD Tab.
Documents must be couriered or dropped off at: KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission, 10th floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban 4001 or emailed to NonjabuloM@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za at or before 11:00 on 10 December 2018.
- Evaluation Criteria
The service provider will be required to obtain a minimum of 60% to be considered for interviews, failing to obtain that their proposal would be considered as non – responsive. Evaluation will be based on an 80/20-point system, where the following are maximum points that are awarded for each category, in compliance with Preferential Policy Framework Act
| Name of project:
APPOINTMENT OF A PANEL OF FACILITATORS FOR THE KWAZULU-NATAL FILM COMMISSION’S FILM INDUSTRY TRANSFORMATION INITIATIVE (FITI).
|Weight||Maximum Score||Initial assessment||Revised assessment (before interviews*)||Revised assessment after interviews*|
|Two reference letters from clients whom the bidder has provided services similar to the ones listed in the identified areas of service. The letters must be on client’s letterhead.
§ Two Letters = 15 points
§ One letter = 10 points
§ No letter = 0 points
|Key Expert 1: Team Leader||35|
|Management CVs detailing experience in the film industry
§ 10 years’ experience = 15 points
§ 5-9 years. = 10 points
§ 0-5 years. = 5 points
|Demonstration of successful delivery of TV and Film projects||10|
|Transformation: Indicate designations
§ Women representation = 5 points
§ Youth representation = 5 points
|Sub – Total||50|
|CHECKLIST FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS: FITI PANEL FACILITATORS||Yes (Y)||NO (N)|
|Motivational letter (outlining area of expertise)|
|Detailed curriculum vitae|
|Company registration (CIPC Documents)|
|Filled and completed SBD forms (4,8 &9)|
|Valid Tax Clearance|
|Central Supplier Database Registration Number/Report|