Videographer & Video Editor
Joint Aid Management (JAM) was founded by Peter and Ann Pretorius in 1984. We are an African-founded and headquartered, christian, international humanitarian relief and development organisation currently operating in Angola, Mozambique, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan, Uganda and Sierra Leone.
Since our inception, JAM has progressed as an organisation that reflects strong, expansive development. For more than three decades we have grown into an organisation that affects sustainable change through providing programmes to children who need support and communities that need help. Serving Africa is what defines us. We do not discriminate in terms of race, religion, gender, or political persuasion.
Duties & Responsibilities
Purpose of Position:
A videographer’s responsibility involves shooting photo & video, audio and editing. He/she is responsible for JAM’s photo and video libraries including footage and affiliate’s video material for promotion and TV. He is responsible for keeping up to date with current standards & trends and ensuring JAM multimedia content is kept up to date. Videographer works in the JAM video production studio, in remote locations, and is part of the post-production and working with JAM events and documentaries. He will also assist the video production manager where needed. Producing graphics, gifs, animation and short videos for online/social channels. Responsible for mobile content creation and distribution through JAM online/social channels when on location at JAM programs. Working with Production Manager and studio team to manage various JAM social channels through posting, engaging with followers, conceiving, creating and delivering content for social channels and keeping JAM social channels up to date with trends and standards. Copy writing for social channel posts.
The videographer will be part of the team who shoot footage does editing and distributes final content through online/social channels. The videographer will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. He/she will transport, set up, and operate equipment; and assist with staging and set preparation in the studio or in the field. The videographer will work closely with the Production Manager to execute from concept through to completion. Keep footage library in order. Creating animated video content, developing graphic animations for use by other members of studio team in their productions. Managing JAM social media and online presence together with studio team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Determine what camera equipment is necessary and obtains equipment.
- Maintain all equipment in good working order at all times and stored in safe, clean environment.
- Transports, sets up, and operates production equipment including cameras, audio, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production.
- Operates and maintains a high standard of calibration of cameras, audio and other production equipment
- Populate and maintain video and photo libraries.
- Online/Social Channels management.
- Graphics/ animation conceptualization & creation.
- Create compelling stories about JAM operations and people affected by them.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Supports the team throughout the production process, which may include finding interview subjects, creating graphics, and presenting to donors and affiliates.
- Helps to sustain and guide creative process.
- Assists in maintaining material for web and multi-media to document the JAM’s progress.
- Assists in developing interview questions and storyboards
- Driving innovation on multimedia storytelling
Desired Experience & Qualification
- English is essential, Good Organizational skills
- Creative Ability
- Shooting, Editing
- Fast and willing leaner, Multi-Tasking
- Matric exemption
- Computer Literacy
- Diploma in Television Production preferred
- 5 years of television work.
Limits of authority
- All studio equipment
- Office Keys, Alarm code, Safe Keys
- Resource Requirement
- Technical Resources
- Internet Access
- Internal and External e-mail
Limits of authority
- As per Board Approved