The 8th Annual Jozi Film Festival is Looking for Submissions
The festival will take place from 3 – 6 October 2019. Submissions close on 24 June 2019.
Organisers are inviting all aspiring filmmakers to put forward their submissions for consideration in this years festival.
All submissions must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
Entries will be judged in the following categories:
- Best South African Feature Film
- Best International Feature Film
- Best South African Documentary (long)
- Best International Documentary (long)
- Best South African Documentary (short)
- Best International Documentary (short)
- Best South African Short Fiction
- Best International Short Fiction
- Best South African Student Film
- Best Director
- Don’t Stop Wondering Award
“Having your work shown at the authentic Jozi Film Festival – Joburg’s longest running independent film festival – is a great opportunity for new and established filmmakers to reach a discerning, influential audience,”
Lisa Henry, festival founder
“Over the years we have shown several films that have gone on to achieve phenomenal commercial success – films like iNumber Number, Dora’s Peace, Shepherds and Butchers, Whispering Truth to Power, The Black Mambas, and Supa Modo.
The Discovery Channel’s Don’t Stop Wondering Award will be returning to the festival in 2019 for a third consecutive year.
“Since the award was launched in 2017 we have seen close to 500 short films from across Africa, and we are delighted to be able to offer this opportunity once again,”
This year’s prize from Discovery Channel will include a Canon XF-405 video camera with Singer Photographic camera accessories worth over $5,800.