DISCOP Postpones Shows, Sets Up DISCOP Club
Patrick Zuchowicki, President of DISCOP, has announced a postponement of their events to 2021 in wake of the COVID-19 crisis and sets new virtual options in place for entertainment professionals to connect. Read his full message to the industry below:
For planning purposes, I also wanted to personally inform you of the following decisions taken recently by our organization as a result of the current disruptions:
- We have postponed the 2020 editions of DISCOP Abidjan and DISCOP Johannesburg until 2021. We will simply replicate next year our 3-day markets and hold them at the same venues, with the same floor plan and identical offerings. Both markets will be held at the same time of the year as originally planned for 2020: DISCOP Abidjan 2021 will be held during the week of 24 May, and DISCOP Joburg 2021 will be held during the week of 19 July.
- In the meantime, we are setting up an interactive showroom, DISCOP CLUB, available on our website, where DISCOP Abidjan and DISCOP Johannesburg 2020 vendors will be able to display for a whole year content available for immediate delivery. They will also be able to showcase trailers and full-length versions of their programs.
- Our recently reinforced multilingual and work-from-home matchmaking team will collect requests from the 250+ qualified buyers who were already registered for the 2020 editions of our Abidjan and Johannesburg markets. Our staff will then set-up and prepare distance telephone/video meetings between qualified leads and vendors registered for our 2020 markets.
- Given the strategic importance of Sub-Saharan Africa for many companies, we will nevertheless hold two ‘mini-markets’ in 2020: in Abidjan / Thursday 3 and Friday 4 September; and in Johannesburg / Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 October. Both events will be 100% sales-focused and driven by pre-organized meetings between content vendors and qualified regional buyers.
- Presentations of these two all-in and low-cost ‘mini-markets’ will be ready on Wednesday 23 April. To minimize risks, we will instate a policy letting delegates cancel their participation and use the value as credit towards another DISCOP market.
- Finally, we will ‘disconnect’ DISBOOK – our coffee-table magazine renowned for its bold layout and ambitious choice of photographers and illustrators – from our 2020 events. We will publish only one issue of DISBOOK tagged ‘STAY IN TOUCH’ to be out by 1 September.
When this cloud passes and we start returning to our normal lives, rest assured that our goal is to renew our partnerships. Until then, let me know how our organization can be of assistance to yours.