Gauteng Film Commission looking for new CEO
The Gauteng Film Commission is looking for a Chief Executive Officer to join for a period of 5 years to develop and implement the Gauteng Film Commission’s strategy and drive transformation of GFC to ensure the achievement of its targets.
The Chief Executive Officer is required to participate and provide strategic and expert input into the development of strategies and plans and monitor the implementation of these strategies in accordance with the relevant legislations.
The GFC develops, promotes and coordinates the film and television production industry in South Africa’s wealthiest province. An agency of the Gauteng Provincial Government, the GFC are tasked with positioning the province as a world-class destination for film-making as well as attracting local and international investments in the film and television industry.
Key responsibilities of the CEO include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that appropriate strategies, business plans, policies and procedures are developed, approved,
communicated to the relevant stakeholders and implemented so that strategic imperatives of the GFC
• Plan, direct, monitor and control the GFC annual operating and capital budget so that it is in line with
the Public Finance Management Act;
• Providing and directing a vision for the organisation, inspire and deploy others to deliver on the strategic
• Understanding programme and project management methodologies: plan, manage, monitor and
evaluate specific activities in order to deliver on set objectives;
• Monitor service quality and ensure continuous improvement of service quality for the GFC; and
• Lead and direct staff within the GFC so they are able to achieve the objectives set for them. Defining
/adjusting role boundaries, workflow processes and job design against laid down service delivery
Find out more at http://www.gautengfilm.org.za or contact the HR Manager on 078 556 3019 OR (011) 833 0409.