AFDA Institutional Senate Officer
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Salary: Based on experience
Location: Cape Town
Industry: Private Higher Education
Reporting to: CEO
AFDA (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering higher certificates, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation and Technology. AFDA is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world’s major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self-discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Roles and Responsibilities
General administration and office management, minute taking and distribution, follow-up processes on action points, executive correspondence, travel arrangements, workshops and conference coordination, electronic diary & time management.
- Scheduling all appointments required by the CEO
- Diary management and follow up on actions required by the CEO/Group Recruitment Administrator
- Agendas and minute taking in meetings with follow up on all action items
- Ensuring proper notification of appointments and actions to relevant parties
- Executive meetings and other functions
- Organising and administering all executive meetings and sessions
- Liaising with all attendees and sending out invitations
- Compiling agendas and packs for executive meetings
- Organising of appropriate venues and refreshments
- Proficient on MS Office package, including Outlook and Word
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with all level of staff
- Self and departmental time management
- InitiativeAttention to detail
- Professional conduct
- Self motivated
- High level of confidentiality
- Grade 12 [Media Diploma/Degree (preferential)
- Established work experience [Three to five years secretarial experience on Executive level]
Closing date: 7th May 2021
Applications must be submitted by email to Teresa Passchier [firstname.lastname@example.org] and Kerry Lee Allen [email@example.com] by the closing date. Applicants wishing to apply for this position are required to submit:
- A covering letter indicating his/her suitability for the position.
- A comprehensive and up to date curriculum vitae with contact details included.
- A list with 3 contactable references.
All applications will be treated as highly confidential. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.