AFDA PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
|Employment Type||Fixed term|
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Location||AFDA Cape TownCampus|
|Industry||Private Higher Education|
|Start date||1st October 2021|
AFDA (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering higher certificates, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation, and Technology. AFDA is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world’s major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self-discipline, integrity, reliability, and humility.
AFDA is inviting applications for the position of a Programme Coordinator in Motion Picture.
Roles and Responsibilities
A Programme Coordinator is required to:
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of the program to ensure that the program is maintained throughout the delivery.
• Ensure that all prescribed curriculum and pedagogical strategies are delivered.
• Ensure that the prescribed program timetable and class attendance is maintained.
• Ensure that the prescribed program assignments and assessments are completed.
• Ensure that all prescribed term projects have been completed and that the associated facilities; equipment and budgets to achieve this are properly managed.
• Ensure that all program statutory requirements and reports are adhered to and completed.
Key Competencies [role associated]
• Willingness to adapt to AFDA’s curriculum, syllabus, schematics and methodologies and
• Willingness to adhere and embody AFDA values
• Ability to work cooperatively with other teaching staff
• Excellent time and deadline management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Physically and emotionally well adaptable to change
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Inter-personal skills
• Ability to research independently
• Ability to manage a budget
• Ability to manage inventory of facilities and equipment
• The capacity to research and adapt to new developments in technology
Personal Attributes [role associated]
• Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
• Maturity to handle a range of situations
• Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence
• A meticulous and thorough nature
• An ability to work to tight deadlines
• Willingness to support student development
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Honours) with a Motion Picture Medium discipline
or skill. A Master Degree will be preferred.
• Established work experience in tertiary education.
• Industry and/or academic knowledge at an industry level. Industry and / or knowledge of
the Film/Television and/or Performance industries
• Experience in the television/film and entertainment industry.
• AFDA employs candidates in line with the Employment Equity Act and as such
preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.
Closing date: 10th September 2021
Applications must be submitted by email to Pamela Sehunoe at Pamela@afda.co.za and
Recruitmentcpt@afda.co.za by the closing date. Applicants wishing to apply for this position are
required to submit:
1. A letter of application and motivation, concisely detailing his/her suitability for the
2. A comprehensive and up-to-date curriculum vitae.
All applications will be treated as highly confidential. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.