Job alert: AFDA Learning Group Co-ordinator
AFDA is inviting applications for the position of a Learning Group Co-ordinator in the BA Programs:
Job Position : Learning Group Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Program Coordinator MP
Employment Type: Fixed Term/Permanent
Salary: Based on experience
Location: AFDA Cape Town
Industry: Private Higher Education
Start date: February 2022
AFDA is looking for a committed and dedicated Learning Group Co-ordinator and lecturer who can with, comprehensive knowledge of the Motion Picture and Live Performance programs, ensure that the programmes are maintained throughout delivery.
The Learning Group Co-ordinator oversees the Learning Circle Coordinators who will ensure that all term curriculum and productions are delivered through the appropriate use of resources; and that appropriate teaching stratgies are employed to enhance student participation and excellence.
The Learning Group Coordinator ensures that the prescribed programme assignments, assessments and marks are completed. The appointed staff member will also ensure that the required information for programme reviews are made available upon request, and that programme revisions are implemented.
The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace AFDA’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at AFDA. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for sustainable entertainment industries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Learning Circle curriculum & appropriate teaching strategies delivered
• Term curriculum delivered to appropriate NQF Level Descriptors
• Term appropriate teaching strategies developed & implemented
• Term curriculum lesson plans researched, prepared & delivered
Learning Circle classes, resources & student participation ensured
• Term Learning Circles planned, staffed, delivered
• Term facilities & equipment requirements planned & delivered
• Term class and learning participation ensured
Learning Circle Assignments, Assessments & marks delivered
• Term Learning Narratives explained & assigned
• Valid Term Assignments & Assessments disseminated & delivered
• Term marks & moderation reports collected & delivered
Learning Circle term projects & resources planned & delivered
• Term Projects planned & scheduled according to resources
• Term project facilities & equipment available, functional & maintained
• Term resource budgets planned, allocated and maintained
Learning Circle reviews completed & implemented
• Required term learning reports compiled & delivered
• Term learning statutory requirements adhered to & documented
• Term learning reviews submitted & recommendations implemented
•Willingness to adapt to AFDA’s curriculum, syllabus, schematics and methodologies and pedagogy
•Willingness to adhere and embody AFDA values
•Ability to work co-operatively with other teaching staff
•Excellent time and deadline management skills
•Excellent communication skills
•Physically and emotionally well adaptable to change
•Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
•Ability to research independently
•Ability to manage a budget
•Ability to manage inventory of facilities and equipment
•The capacity to research and adapt to new developments in technology
Personal Attributes [role associated]
•Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
•Maturity to handle a range of situations
•Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence
•A meticulous and thorough nature
•An ability to work to tight deadlines
•Willingness to support student development
•BA Honours/ Masters level degree.
•Established work experience in tertiary education.
•Industry knowledge of the Film & Television industries
•AFDA employs candidates in line with the Employment Equity Act and as such preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.
Closing date: 7 March 2022. Applications must be submitted by email to Shana-lee Hess at email@example.com by the closing date.
Applicants wishing to apply for this position are required to submit:
1. A covering letter indicating his/her suitability for the position.
2. A comprehensive and up to date curriculum vitae with contact details included.
3. A list with 3 contactable references.
All applications will be treated as highly confidential. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.