KZN Film Commission invites proposals for Made for TV project
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is inviting eligible KZN filmmakers to submit proposals in order to participate in the Made for TV Quality Boost Programme, which will fund the development and production of 10 Made for TV movies.
The Made for TV Quality Boost programme will include an evaluation and selection process where the successful projects will be invited to pitch to a panel at the KZNFC.
Successful projects will go through a development process, which entails attending a series of workshops over a three- month period to assist the filmmakers through the development process.
At the end of the development process, all developed projects will pitch for production funding. Successful projects will then be offered production funding and once production has been successfully completed, these projects will then be offered to a broadcast partner for a license fee, in consultation with the owner of the content.
• Preference will be given to females, youth (below the age of 35) and persons with disabilities.
• Applicants must be persons whose primary province of residence is KZN and KZN born applicants who currently reside elsewhere (able to provide proof of such through an unabridged birth certificate).
• Only Tier 3 and Tier 4 applicants can apply (reference made below)
• One-page motivation letter
• Narrative Treatment (to include logline, genre and target audience)
• Detailed development budget with KZN expenditure
• Detailed development schedule
• Detailed writer and producer’s CV
• Proof of residence for both the writer and producer (in the form of a municipal councillor’s letter, a municipal bill in their name that is not older than 3 months or a signed lease agreement)
• SARS Tax Clearance Certificate or Tax PIN
• Certified ID copy (valid for 6 months)
• Company registration documents (where applicable)
All projects are to be shot 100% in the province of KwaZulu-Natal. All projects are to employ 80% KZN crew, and 80% KZN service providers are to be utilised.
All application queries must be directed to KZNfilmfund@kznfilm.co.za with the subject heading : Made for TV Quality Boost Programme Application
Closing date: 06 March 2022 at 23h59
Applicants are encouraged to engage the KZNFC prior to the closing date should they require further clarification.